Today I attempted the exercise to set up a variable for page numbering that
restarts with each chapter number (1-1, 1-2, 1-3...2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc.).
I checked pages 355 and 356 in Matt Sullivan's book, Unstructured FrameMaker
11. On p. 355 after step 7 it says to see those sections for details. Where are
those sections?? I checked the index and couldn't find it. Arrrrgghh!!

I also ran through David Rivers' tutorial on Lynda.com, but he only provided
the basics for setting up master pages with page number (p. 1, 2, 3, etc.). I
haven't tried Google help yet, and not sure how to find this topic in the
forum. My company does not want to pay for me to take a 3-day Framemaker class,
and so I am on my own to learn this tool and figure everything out.

Can any of you point me to:

Framemaker training that doesn't cost more than $600 that can teach me both a
thorough run of the basics and more advanced tasks like this?

Web tutorials that address this topic?

A simple, clear set of instructions on how to set up page numbering that
restarts with each chapter number without corrupting the document?

I'll take any advice you can spare-thanks so much!! :)

Linda

Linda Garneau
Technical Publications Manager
1-561-622-4795
linda.garn...@crossmatch.com<mailto:linda.garn...@crossmatch.com>

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary,
inside and/or legally privileged information. Any distribution or use of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and then permanently delete it
from your system.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Cross Match
Technologies, Inc., DigitalPersona and the DigitalPersona logos are registered
trademarks or trademarks of Cross Match Technologies, Inc and DigitalPersona,
Inc. in the United States and other countries.