I subscribe to Adobe's Creative Cloud service for several products that are not included in the TechComm Suite. Occasionally, I let the Creative Cloud updater do its thing, but I keep an eye on it. Apparently I was distracted this time or something, but when I allowed it to update all, it completely UNINSTALLED my Acrobat XI program and installed its new Acrobat DC. There was no warning, no request for permission. I just lost my Acrobat XI installation and all of its plug-ins and was presented with the rather bizarre, icon-filled screen for Acrobat DC.

Since I am right in the middle of my semi-annual nail-biting project, I panicked. I uninstalled Acrobat DC, located my install file for TechComm Suite 5, and reinstalled Acrobat XI. Miraculously, all of my plug-ins and most of my preferred settings were intact. But I lost a couple hours of billable time tending to a problem that Adobe created, not to mention nearly having a heart-attack.

So CC subscribers, be careful. Your Acrobat license that came as part of TCS is vulnerable to attack by Adobe's Acrobat DC. As for Adobe, shame on you.

Carol

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773