Hello Bertrand,

did you check to work with the "Compatibility mode" setting? This is set
for the "exe"-file(s) of older applications and sometimes it may help --
you would choose the "Window XP" mode here.

Another problem is, that older applications often require admin-rights
for certain folders like the application folder.
Maybe you can check if starting FrameMaker 7 with admin-rights may help.

I think that even FM 7.2 should run on a Win 8 system...

Best regards - Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Bertrand Meyer: