(O)704-398-5752
scott.wh...@idg-corp.com<mailto:scott.wh...@idg-corp.com>

[cid:D082402F-6F3B-4744-88DD-1CD6801C8EFE@idg-corp.com][cid:2AB81DE5-CBA4-4396-B04A-22C102D4F7CB@idg-corp.com]

On Jan 12, 2016, at 3:47 PM, Jeff Coatsworth
<jeff.coatswo...@jonasclub.com<mailto:jeff.coatswo...@jonasclub.com>> wrote:

Somebody on the Adobe forums just found that their real-time anti-virus program
had a super impact on PDF creation; once they turned it off for FM and the
Acrobat distiller, it flew.

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers [mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of White,
Scott
Sent: January-12-16 3:05 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: [Framers] Frame to PDF Issues

I have a client who is having a problem distilling a 7-page FrameMaker 2015
file with embedded hi-res pdfs into a single PDF file that is print ready. When
he goes to create the PDF using save as PDF function he said it takes more than
8 hours or to the point where he just quits the job. He sent me the same file
and I was able to save as pdf in 2.5 minutes. When uses another Frame file
without embedded pdfs but just regular .tif graphics and text, it creates a pdf
in a timely manner.
What are some of the things that he should check for that may be causing this
issue? He had this same problem with Framemaker 11.

He and I are both running Windows 7 enterprise, 64 bit, 8+ gb RAM.

Scott White
Manager - Content and Print Media
Industrial Distribution Group
PO Box 1127 - 2100 The Oaks Parkway