On Friday, April 07, 2006 08:12 AM, Steve Rickaby wrote:

| At 16:56 +0530 7/4/06, Sindhu tw wrote:
|
| > We are using Unstructured frame maker in our company. I want to
| > display a message  at the center of the last page. I created a
| > master page and included a text frame with the message inside
| > it along with the headers and footers..and applied that master
| > page on to last page .....i am able to view headers and footer
| > for the same ....but not the message in the text frame.
| > Can u please tell me what might be the problem.
|
| Yes: you probably put the message in the main A flow on the
| master page. FrameMaker does not display objects placed in
| tagged flows on master pages. Try again, selecting the
| 'Background Text' option.
|
| If you *did* select the background text option, I don't know
| what the problem is.
| --
| Steve

A possibility is that the created text frame on the master page overlays
the main, tagged (foreground) text frame.  Regardless of this
positioning and appearance, the background text frame will be positioned
behind the tagged frame on the body page.  The fill pattern for the main
text frame is most likely solid white - thus opaque - and anything
beneath it will be hidden from view.

There are two solutions: either you delete the tagged frame from the
master page; or you can change the fill pattern of the tagged frame to
NONE so it is transparent, thereby allowing the added background frame
and its message to be visible.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com