I have a friend who has a Mac-based DTP biz and occasionally has a need to read
a PC file. I see a bit of patter from time to time here indicating that folks
are running Windows on Macs so this list occurred to me as a potential resource
in helping her out. They are using some kind of software to run Windows XP on
one of their Macs and just recently when they get this message when they try to
fire up Windows:

   NTLDR: Fatal Error 2592 reading BOOT.INI

I suggested that if I got something like this on a PC that I'd put in a boot
disk suspecting a bad boot sector on the hard drive. She said she could try
putting in the installattion CD, but I'm guessing that won't do the trick.

I asked her for additional information (see below), but perhaps I should have
asked for more. Here's what I asked for:

~  What version of the Mac OS are you running?

~  What version of the Windows OS are you running?

~  What is the name of the software solution that you are running
    that allows you to run the Windows OS on a Mac?

Thanks in advance for whatever assistance you can provide or additional
questions I might need to answer before I'll be likely to get her on the right
track.
--
J. Paul Kent
206-383-0539