FrameMaker equations are represented internally as strings. For example, a
simple 1/2 fraction is represented as

over[num[1.0000000000000000,"1"],num[2.0000000000000000,"2"]]

The square root of 4 is represented by

sqrt[num[4.0000000000000000,"4"]]

Obviously, more complicated equations will have more complex strings. It may
be possible to convert these strings to MathML. You would have to come up
with a reliable way to map from one to the other. Then you would have to use
the FDK or FrameScript to do the mapping. If you are interested in pursuing
this, please contact me offlist. Thanks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com