Hi Vikram...

You install the FDK by running the EXE that you downloaded. This will
install it to the location you specify (it doesn't really matter where,
just so it makes sense on your filesystem .. the default location is fine).

Once it is installed, go to the "DOC" directory and you'll see a bunch
of PDF files. Start with the winguide.pdf .. that should give you enough
information to get going, then read appropriate sections of the
fdkguide.pdf and fdkref.pdf files (User's Guide and Reference). Also,
try opening and compiling the sample applications. Look through the
sample code and try to understand what it's all doing before starting
your own project.

The 7.0 version of the FDK will work with MS Visual C++ v.6.0. If you
want to compile your apps with Visual Studio 2003, you might check out
the instructions posted in the Files section of the "frame_dev" Yahoo
group. You also may want to join the frame_dev group ..
read the basic material provided with the FDK, it may seem daunting, but
it really does have most of the answers.

Best of luck!

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.