My attitude about spam is that it's a fair price (on the whole) to pay
for a relatively low-cost, open, and liberal communication resource. I
use my delete key often; it helps exercise my hand!

I recognize, though, that this might not be an option for everyone,
because
* not everyone has high bandwidth access, so spam costs them significant
extra time and money
* not everyone has relatively unlimited storage space
* not everyone has an ISP/workplace that understands or accepts that one
should not blame the recipient.
* some people use ISP/e-mail providers whose approach to spam is to kill
the fly with an atom bomb, thus
  destroying innocent messages.

I don't believe that we have a useful way of preventing spam. I have
received virus-laden spam in e-mail messages tagged with my own personal
domain! I notified my domain hoster. Beyond that, I don't take
responsibility, and I don't worry.

Someone needs to teach the moderator the basics of e-mail, IMHO.

         Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.