        From: Trish Castin [mailto:pyffe at yahoo.com]
        Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 9:11 AM
        To: Ridder, Fred
        Subject: RE: Dang Extra Pages!

        It does say "Right" for the 1st Page Side, but I only have a
choice of Right or Left.  For the book file, it's "read from file".

        I always use the View Text Symbols, and yes, they're showing the
end of flows in the right place

        I'm going to see what I can do about changing this Right/Left
bit.  Luckily, this will be converted to HTML as the last stage, so all
this won't matter, but for reviews, I'm getting flak about it.  *sigh*

        Thank you so much for your help!

        "Ridder, Fred" <fred.ridder at intel.com> wrote:

                The "Delete Extra Pages" pagination setting is only part
of
                the story. What setting are you using for "1st Page
Side"?
                If it's "Right", that's your problem right there because
if
                one chapter ends on a right page FrameMaker can't start
                the next chanter on a right page without inserting a
blank
                left page.

                If that's not it, make sure that your chapters really
end where
                you think they do. Do you have View Text Symbols
selected?
                If so, does the end-of-flow mark appear immediately
after your
                last paragraph? With text symbols not showing it's very
easy
                to have a lot of empty paragraphs at the end of a
chapter.
                And are you sure your chapters begin where you think
they
                do? If the formatting of the first paragraph in the
chapter
                specifies a Top of Left Page or Top of Right Page
pagination
                setting, you'll get empty pages at the *start* of some
chapters.
                Have you looked for invisible content where you don't
expect it?
                Try using Ctrl+A for the Select All in Flow command to
see
                if the selection extends beyond the end of the text.

                My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
                Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
                Intel
                Parsippany, NJ