Actually, where I have worked in the past, we used a combination of both variables *and* conditional text for multiple versions of a product.
FWIW. Chuck Beck -----Original Message----- Subject: RE: Hiding Pages? In a situation where only the name changes, I find that it is *much* more maintainable to use a variable for the product name because you only have to make a change in one place (the variable's value definition) when one of the names changes or when a new variant is added to the list. If you use conditional text for product names, you have to use Find/Change to locate and update every instance of any name that changes and you have to add a new condition and explicitly add new conditionalized content in each appropriate location when a new product name is added to the list. It's *much* more time consuming and *much* more prone to errors (particularly considering the shortcomings of FrameMaker's Find/Change command). My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel. Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com) Intel Parsippany, NJ