Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 05:36:45 +0000
From: "karyn hunt" <karyn_h...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Methodology for Source Code Control
To: framers at FrameUsers.com

Hi Guys,

   I know this is somewhat off topic, but perhaps the responses will be
helpful for others. I've been checking my FrameMaker files in to CVS for
source control purposes and just felt the sting of not having used
branches.
In other words, I've always checked my FrameMaker files right in to the
head
and overwritten them with each new release. Until this week, that wasn't a
problem. But this week, I began to see the shortcomings of that system.

   So I'm wondering, how many of you out there use branching when checking
your Frame files in to a source code control system and how many of you
just
overwrite in one place?

Karyn Hunt

for such purpose.