> Our new editor wants to add the word "and" to
> such statements - if <blah, blah>, AND then <blah, blah>.

But that doesn't even make sense grammatically!

The closest thing I can find is in the Microsoft Manual of Style for
Technical Publications, it's the if/when/whether thing. I know that
doesn't help.

Surely the fact that the mind instinctively shrinks in horror from the
sentence structure he's proposing should count for something though,
shouldn't it?

Anne

The information contained in or attached to this e-mail contains confidential
or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is
PROHIBITED. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
and delete the e-mail immediately. Thank you.