Murray,

We have to maintain Word versions of all chapters on a book for
individual content owners to work with after each quarterly printing.

After we print the book, we impose a plain vanilla Frame template on the
files to eliminate all the design and problems that occur with lists and
such. We also run the art folder through a photoshop macro to reduce the
resolution to 72 dpi (resolves a lot of the size issue) and relink the
art to the new folder.

We still have to go through each chapter to check on extraneous returns
and anomalies, but it seems to be a good way to get 98% of the way to
clean RTF using only Frame's built in capabilities.

-bob
TIPS Technical Publishing, Inc.