Two years ago our parent company acquired a smaller company that also makes
components for the aerospace industry. Because of prior management decisions
and business practices they have a huge backlog of unwritten component
maintenance manuals for new products, and older manuals that need revision.
The problem gets bigger every day because we are not allowed to hire any
more technical writers and we can barely keep up with current requirements.

Now we have been directed to investigate outsourcing the backlog to a vender
with ties to a low cost country, such as India. I am not looking for a flame
war about sending jobs overseas; our management thinks that they can get the
work done faster and cheaper this way than by keeping it in-house; We are
not in a position to argue with them.

We are looking for a vendor with experience in writing ATA standard
Component Maintenance Manuals in unstructured FrameMaker. They also need to
be written in Simplified Technical English. We will provide templates,
engineering drawings, parts lists, and existing test procedures for source
data. A typical finished CMM would be 100 to 200 pages including front
matter. This needs to be a turn-key product, with very little hand holding
from us. They also need to be able to create the exploded parts drawings
typically found in an illustrated parts list.

We would appreciate recommendations for any vendors you have worked with
that might have the resources and experience to do this task. There are up
to 150 of these manuals that need to be written or revised, so it will be an
on-going project.

We will be writing an RFP soon, and want to identify as many potential
vendors as we can.

Thanks for your help.

Clint Owen, Senior Technical Writer, Crane Aerospace and Electronics

Attention:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your
electronic files

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by the Crane Aerospace Mail
server.