Set your printer driver to a color printer.

-Gillian

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces+gflato=nanometrics....@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+gflato=nanometrics.com at lists.frameusers.com] On
Behalf Of Doug Mckinney
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:36 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Losing colors during PDF conversion

Framers

I am working with FM 7.2 in Windows XP

I am experiencing a problem creating PDF documents from FrameMaker. I
create
illustrations in CorelDraw 10 and export them to EPS files. I import the
EPS
files (by reference) into FrameMaker. When I convert the FrameMaker book
PDF, the EPS files retain their color but colored text using process
cmyk
colors defined in FrameMaker lose their color and become grayscale.

How can I get the FrameMaker-defined colors to retain their color
through
the PDF conversion process?

FYI: I am using the AdobePSgenericPostScriptPrinter driver to create
postscript files and Adobe Distiller 6.0 to convert to PDF.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Doug Mckinney
Technical Writer
dpublish at adelphia.net