Gillian Flato wrote:

> Is it possible to do a condition within a variable (just like you do a
> character format within a variable)? I have a master document which I
> have to save into 4 different customer docs. Each customer has its own
> condition. Each doc has to have a different part number due
> to document
> control, and the part number has to be on every page so naturally, I
> made the part number a variable.

You can't use conditions within a variable, but you can do this instead:

In addition to your book, create 4 documents. In these documents, set up
the variables and the conditional text settings for one customer.
Now when you produce a book for one customer, import the variables and
the conditional text settings from this document to your book.

Harro de Jong