Hello,

        I'm having a little problem with my footnote numbering in a book
file. The problem is I'm not able to
to set up the book so that the footnotes continue from file to file. I've
tried the following with no luck:

1 . Selecting all the files in the book, displaying the "Numbering
Properties" window, selecting the Footnote tab, then
     selecting "Continue numbering from previous footnote in book."

2. Selecting the first file, displaying the "Numbering Properties" window,
selecting the Footnote tab, then selecting "First Footnote"
    and setting it to one. I then highlighted the remaining files and set
them to "Continue numbering from previous footnote in book."

        In both cases, the footnote numbering starts over at 1 in each file.
Can someone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks,

Andy