Wim,

The XSLT processor reads the DTD and creates an internal representation
of the document tree, including entity references. You should be able to
access these entities via the XSLT unparsed-entity-uri() function. For
example, the following fragment should populate an XSLT variable with
the pathname to the original graphic --

<xsl:variable name="target"
select="unparsed-entity-uri(ImportedGraphic1)" />

I haven't tested this, but you may need to convert these entity
references to attribute values  (e.g. <graphic href="{$target}" /> ) in
your import XSLT transform.

It is Very Annoying that XSLT/XPath does not provide a handle to the
original DocType declaration, but this is an XSLT issue, not a
FrameMaker issue.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser, President