Thank you all for replying. It is nice not to be the only one
experiencing this problem! We have a weird saying in Iceland that goes
something like this transposed (rather than translated) into English:
"Sweet is a shared shipwreck".

Like you mention, the ATM seemed to do a better job of controlling the
fonts this way (ATM Light was included with the registration too).

I will have a look at the [Fonts] section of the maker.ini and see
what I come up with.

And maybe Adobe and the Redmond giant need once more to go into some
talks about how to handle fonts? This used to be OK, but now we have
had a couple of years of SP2 and endless automatic upgrades. Maybe one
of these have done something to harm the beautiflul relationship of
the two?

Bodvar