Hi all,

I'm at the indexing stage of a 400 page book for a product I hadn't worked with
for about 3 years (so no memory of what I indexed before). The manual has also
been totally restructured, and many features superseded by different ones. Now
I'm looking at building the index, and the 'old', manual way is probably not
going to work for me too well.

The minimum I'd like is to see index entries inline. Anything extra is gravy,
but I'm not convinced I do need much extra, so if I can see and work with
entries inline (a View option?) for cheap/free, I'd start there. But if I have
to pay for this feature, can you all recommend a product that has the best
combination of other, extra features for the price?

I've so far found:

http://www.fsatools.com/ - IXgen (comparatively more costly, lots of features,
but would I use them all?)
http://www.leximation.com/tools/info/markertools.php - Leximation marker tools,
less costly, but I have more trouble seeing the usefulness of some of the
features
http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/Products.html  -Silicon Prairie index
tools, cheapest, but doesn't seem to link directly into the frame marker
system, does some other kind of marker?

Anyway, I realize this is a regular question, so I do appreciate any time taken
to send suggestions. Succinct, bulleted lists would be sufficient.

Thanks,

Kevin Hunter
ESDI, Victoria BC