Hi Framers,

Just a quick "collective" thanks to all of you who enlightened me on all the
issues
concerning today's LCD monitors and were so very helpful in my decision making
process.

The overall consensus from most of you was clearly the DELL Ultrasharp series
monitors, i.e., the Models 2007WFP (20" inch) and 2407WFP (24"). After
personally
researching the issues, I purchased the 20" unit from Costco.com at $399.99
(plus
tax). The final cost was $429.49, as opposed to Dell's price of $390.15, tax
and
shipping included. I did this simply becuase I value the "no hassle" return
policy of
the company that enables me to physically bring it in to any wharehouse instead
of
incurring return shipping and insurance charges. That to me is worth the
difference.

Finally, the monitor... it is SUPERB (I received it 9/01). I digitally drive it
from
my Matrox Millennium P650 video card, running at optimum resolution of 1680 x
1015.
It is simply beautiful. Special thanks to Fred Ridder who really laid out the
technical details and Grant Hogarth who suggested I take a look at Costco
online.

You are ALL a very special group of people!

Thank you,
George