InDesign on a Mac. Are you noticing any problems?

Jennifer

"Lisa M. Balbes, Ph.D." <lisa at balbes.com>
Sent by: framers-bounces+jblom=ricoh-europe.com at lists.frameusers.com
09/26/2006 03:27 PM

        To:     abelsp at netdirect.net, framers at lists.frameusers.com
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Experience Running FrameMaker on the new MacIntel

>Unless you are running "Bootcamp" and Windows, forget totally about
>running FrameMaker on a Mactel system. The OS for Mactel does NOT
>support classic mode under which FrameMaker runs with MacOS X.

I am running Frame on a MacBook Pro, using Parallels instead of Boot
Camp.  Parallels lets me open a Windows window on the Mac, and run
Frame in that.  I did have to cross-grade my OS 9 version of Frame to
a windows version.

It works fairly well - the file structure is shared, and I treat
Frame like any other application.  It's a little slow, and there are
some cut and paste oddities between the systems, but since I needed a
new Mac, this was about the only choice.

Until we get an OS X version of Frame, I can live with this.