From: framers-bounces+fred.ridder=intel.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+fred.ridder=intel....@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf
Of Jon Harvey
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 2:39 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Opening Acrobat 7.0 files in earlier versions

Hi all,

I saved a PDF using Acrobat 7.0 and a colleague tried opening it in Acrobat 6.0
and got this message:

"This file appears to use a new format that this version of Acrobat does not
support. It may not open or display correctly. Adobe recommends that you
upgrade to the latest version of Acrobat products. Please visit our products
site at http://www.adobe.com/acrobat.";

I referred back to the document and noticed that I did in fact save it so that
it would open in Acrobat 5.0 or later. I don't like our users seeing that
message (and many of them use Acrobat, not Reader, to read our docs).

Anything we can do about it?

Jon Harvey
Manager, Desktop Documentation
?