Mike,

If you're only going to do this once or twice, I'd hide another Figure
tag in the main text flow, possibly tucking it in to a tiny text
container outside your two columns and color the font white. That'll
generate the correct figure number for your text box as if the hidden
figure was the real one.

If you're going to do it often, it'd probably be worth setting up a
custom master page to hold the figures...

Art

On 8/9/07, Mike Wickham <mewickham at compuserve.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to place an anchored frame in the center of a multi-column
> page? I use the two-cell table method for placing graphics and captions. The
> graphic is in the top cell and the caption in the bottom cell. It works
> great in-column, but I'd like to place a 1-column wide graphic and caption
> in the middle of a two-column page, so that the anchored frame partially
> overlaps each of the two columns. And I want the text in each column to run
> around the anchored frame. Does anyone know a way to do this?
>
> The closest I've been able to come is to draw a text box in the center of
> the page, and place the table inside. It looks great, and runaround works as
> desired, but since the text frame is disconnected from the main flow, the
> figure numbering doesn't increment properly.
>
> Mike Wickham

Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com
                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358