"Attempted to download something" is kinda vague. Are you sure it was
looking in the wrong place for the file?

It sounds as if the program may have been either checking for updates
or verifying its activation, which it might do either automatically or
on a time schedule.

Art

--
Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com