In my copy of Illustrator (ver 10), I don't get to select including a
preview for the EPS image until after I click "save" from the Save As
command.  Then a new dialog opens that allow me to set the preview info,
as well as several other options.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com