Call it accessibility (abbreviated A10Y) unless you mean specifically
that you need to certify under section 508.

Your printed documentation is not likely to be the primary source for
handicapped users. I assume that they will either use PDF or HTML to
access the documentation, either with screen readers, or viewers (for
the deaf) or similar devices. In turn, this means that visually-impaired
users should get easy-to-read graphics /plus/ text equivalents. The ANSI
standard symbols ought to be as good as any, but make them visible and
provide text equivalents for them. Also, remember that color should be
unimportant.

Joe