Anneke,

In structured FrameMaker, attributes on elements manage the connection
between the cross-reference and its source. In unstructured Frame, part of
this connection is done with a Cross-Ref marker. When you remove the
structure, you will not have the necessary Cross-Ref markers, so you will
have to fix each cross-reference by hand. An alternative is to use
FrameScript to convert the cross-references before you remove the structure
from the document. If you are interested in this approach, please contact me
offlist. Thanks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hello All,

I hope there is someone who can help me with this (in my opinion)
strange action.

For a customer we have created a publication in structured framemaker.
This customer now wants this very same publication also in un-structured
framemaker.

Is there a way to convert my structured document to unstructured and
keep all the Xrefs valid? There are hundreds of them in this book. It
would take hours to resolve them manually!

Besides this, and less urgent,  I wonder if there is a possibility to
translate some layout (for example the headers) to paragraph-tags.

Many thanks

Anneke