Mathieu brings up an important issue about in-country translation by
native speakers of the target language. Having been forced to use
material translated by machine or by so-called translators with minimal
skill in the target language, I agree that "in-country native" is the
way to go.

However, the fact that you might use a full-service translation firm
does not mean that the translation work is done at one location. I have
used US and European translation companies. In both cases, the actual
work was done in-country by native translators contracting for the
company.

In my case, as a lone writer, I do not have the time or resources to
coordinate translation projects with 9 different people in 9 separate
countries, then take their work and assemble it into a single volume for
printing and distribution. A full-service company, who manages the
project and the individual translators, and gives me a single PDF built
to specification, is the only reasonable solution.

As Diane noted in a separate string, "Check with the vendor and make
sure that they have the right combination of linguistic and technical
experience to do the work you need."

Daniel