TEPLITZ Ronald wrote:

> I want to make a link in a PDF (created from Frame doc) that
> opens a file in a specified directory without having to
> specify a filename.
> Anyone know how to do this?

Why don't you know the file name? What if the specified directory
contains 2 files? 2000?

Why can't a process on the server be responsible for renaming the file
(or a copy) to match what the PDF points to?

Do you know what kind of file? If it's HTML, maybe you can do something
with Art's idea.

In Acrobat Pro, you can assign a link to execute some Javascript code
(look up "Javascript" in the help index). I have no idea what the
capabilities and limitations of this are, but it might be theoretically
possible to write some Javascript that determines the name of the file
in the specified directory (assuming only one) and then launches/opens
it.

HTH!
Richard

------