Lodewijk,

You wrote:

>... In the result so far we notice that not only
>
>head(Level1)
>head(Level2)
>head(Level3)
>
>appears as bookmark but also
>
>head(Level1)TOC
>head(Level2)TOC
>head(Level3)TOC
>
>It is as if head(Level1),  head(Level3), head(Level3)  have a wildcard so
>that also elements with a suffix added to these respective names are used
>for bookmarks.
>
>Is this a known problem?

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or an intended feature, but bookmark
settings that you have in individual book components are processed *in
addition* to the book-level bookmark settings.

It's likely that your TOC file has the head(LevelX)TOC paragraph tags
indicated as bookmarks (inherited from a template, or populated by FrameMaker).

Open the TOC file and select Format > Document > PDF Setup; move the
paragraph tags to the "Don't Include" box (you can hold down the Shift key
and click the arrow to move all items at once).

Upon recreating the PS file from the book, the "extra" TOC bookmarks should
not be present anymore.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants