If the App Note is an active document, why not just import it instead
of copying it into your chapter. You'd have the option of using the
Chapter's settings, which I surmise would solve the numbering
problem... Unless, of course, the author of the App Note did something
exciting like numbering things manually.

Art

--
Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com