From:
framers-bounces+mike.feimster=acstechnologies.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+mike.feimster=acstechnologies.com at lists.frameuse
rs.com] On Behalf Of Serge De Beil
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 4:48 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Opening SGML

Hello,

For a new project, we receive a SGML file from our customer.
This SGML file is an export from a database.
What do I need to "parse" this SGML file to Framemaker?

What I've tried is following:
I start Framemaker in Structured Mode.
When I "open" the SGML file, I just get a plain text with all the
SGML codes in it.
When I use the "Parse Structured Document" function, I'm asked which
Structured Application I want to use (DocBook, DocBook 2.1, XDocBook
and XHTML).
I choose one of them, and then I get an error "Could not find
external document type <name>".

What do I need to open or parse the SGML file in a way that I get a
decent document with all SGML codes 'interpreted'?

Many thanks in advance.
Serge