Hypertext markers in generated files with long strings crash FrameMaker
7.0p578, 7.1p114 , 7.2p158
Steps to reproduce bug:
1. Create a book with a number of components, including a test-target
file which is nested deeply in folders so that its relative pathname from
the *.book file's folder exceeds 143 characters.
2. Apply a custom condition format to some text in this file.
3. Generate an index of condition tags with Hypertext markers added to
4. Ensure the test target file is closed.
5. Open the index of conditions generated file and Ctrl-Alt-click the
entry pointing to the test target file. FrameMaker crashes.
6. Choose File > Open and open the test target file.
7. Repeat Step 5. FrameMaker crashes.
FrameMaker crashes as described above.
The test-target file should open and display the hightlighted condition
format. Other Hypertext markers with instruction strings less than 143
characters do not crash FrameMaker.
The fact that three versions of FrameMaker crash, and the test-target file
can be opened in the normal fashion in all three suggests that the file is
not faulty but that somehow a bug is provoked by an instruction string in
Hypertext markers that is longer than approx. 143 characters. One would
expect that an attempt to create an instruction string longer than 255
characters would provoke a crash or other unexpected behaviour but the
string length is well short of this well-known limit.
Training Content Developer and Tools Specialist
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd <http://myob.com/au>
P.O. box 371 Blackburn VIC 3130 Australia
12 Wesley Court Tally Ho Business Park East Burwood VIC 3151 Australia
Tel. +61 3 9222 9992 x 7421, Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
? MYOB Technology Pty Ltd 2007