XSLT is a "scripting" language for processing XML files. See ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xslt

XSLT is not a Frame-specific language, and if your developers use XML
very much, someone is bound to be able to write a simple XSLT script to
generate a list of parameters/fields .. something that might look very
similar to a TOC that you would generate from Frame. With this you'd be
able to do a visual compare between your FM TOC and the "TOC" generated
from the XML file.

...scott