Word uses "^l" (also accessible from the Special tab of the expanded
Find and Replace menu) for what it calls a "manual line break". 

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces+jim.pinkham=voith....@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+jim.pinkham=voith.com at lists.frameusers.com] On
Behalf Of Stuart Rogers
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 11:07 AM
To: Jon Harvey
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Searching for empty paragraphs

Jon Harvey wrote:
> I've changed ^P^P to ^P in Word documents that are hundreds of pages 
> long. I've found it to be pretty reliable. If I recall correctly, you 
> can also use ^13^13 to ^13. Right now, I can't remember the difference

> between ^p and ^13 but I know there is one.

Didn't know you could do that; but the ^13 would be ASCII for CR
(carriage return), as opposed to ^10, which is LF (line feed).  In the
olden days, you had to use both to tell a line printer to move the print
head left and roll the paper up.  Word's ^p would be the equivalent of
^13^10, I guess.


Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator
Phoenix Geophysics Limited
Toronto, ON, Canada
+1 (416) 491-7340 x 325

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"On the contrary."
-- Henrik Ibsen (last words, after a nurse said he "seemed a little 

You are currently subscribed to Framers as jim.pinkham at voith.com.

Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.

To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com
or visit

Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Reply via email to