Shmuel,

You wrote:

>I've been trying to insert a U3D file into a blank PDF as described in the
>link below, using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.9. After I click OK,
>nothing appears in the PDF. Any ideas? Do I have to have the CAD program
>that created the U3D file on my computer?
>http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/acrobat/articles/acr7sd3dcontent.html

If you have a U3D file, no need to have the CAD program that created it.

Is it possible that the U3D file you are trying to insert in Acrobat is
empty or invalid? Try opening the U3D file in other applications, e.g. if
your CAD application supports U3D import, or in other applications (such as
Deep Exploration). I don't know of free U3D viewers other than the sample
U3D player available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/u3d .

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
FM-to-PDF Assistants: Navigation, Form, Presentation, Multimedia & 3D