Hi Amit,

There is no "if-then" syntax for Running Header/Footer variables, but you
might be able to use FrameScript to script what you are looking for. If you
send me a sample file and a detailed description of what you are looking
for, I can tell you if it is feasible with a script. Thanks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if there was a way to setup a "if...,them..." syntax
within FrameMaker.  The reason I'm asking is that I am troubleshooting
an issue with the header.  I currently have a hierarchical system
assisted to the tag order, but one tag need to be void (undisplayed) if
an instance of a special tag is used.  By using the "if...,then.." style
syntax, it can save me alot of time.

Thanks

S. "Amit" Daya