Hi Yves,

My header consist of a running header/footer variable with heading2 in
one column and the system and product name in the other column.
In other books the system and product name is different and therefore
I have to adjust the column width. I do not want the system/product
name to break to a second line.

I figure that there isn't a fully automatized solution without FrameScript.

Michael M?ller-Hillebrand suggested another interesting approach:
o A text frame for the header.
o 1 paragraph for the system/product name, pagination Run-In Head with
  Default Punctuation \sm\sm (to have a space between system/product
  name and running header/footer).
o 1 paragraph for the running header/footer variable, right aligned.
  This paragraph will be automatically on the same line as the first and it
  breaks to the next if its length gets too long.

That works automatically when the system/product name is on the left side
of the header. However, when the system/product name is on the right
side, the paragraph with the running header/footer on the left needs a
right indentation of the length of the system/product name. That would
have to be adjusted manually.

Best regards

Winfried