Art Campbell wrote:> I'd guess that there's something on page 57 that either
is, or
> contains, something that can't be distilled...
>
> Maybe a graphic?

Umm, wouldn't the offending object be on page 58? Doesn't Distiller
report the number of the last page that it was able to process
successfully? I guess one test would be to try distilling pages 1-57
and then 1-58 to see whether either operation fails.

And it's also important to note that the numbers reported by Distiller
are serial from the first page, regardless of the numbering scheme
that is displayed/printed on the pages themselves (e.g. lower-case
Roman numerals for front matter or chapter-folio numbering).

-FR