Hi Brian,

Stubborn missing fonts like this generally are "hidden" in table formats.
You can use this general process to find and fix them.

1) Go to one of the default master pages (View > Master Pages).

2) Click in the main text frame and insert the first table from your Table
Catalog (Table > Insert Table).

3) Click in each cell and remove any of the "missing" fonts. You do this by
applying paragraph formats to the cell paragraphs; of course making sure
that all of the paragraph formats you apply have valid fonts.

4) Make sure your cursor is in the table and open the Table Designer
(Ctrl+T). Click the Update All button.

5) Delete the table from the text frame.

6) Repeat steps 2-5 for all of the tables in your Table Catalog.

7) Save the document, close, and reopen it. This should eliminate the
missing fonts messages.

If you are looking for a faster way (or if the above steps don't work for
you), follow these steps.

1) Make sure the document is closed.

2) Choose File > Preferences > General and uncheck "Remember Missing Font
Names". Click Set.

3) Open the document. You will get a message about missing fonts, but this
time FrameMaker will make a permanent substitution of the missing font or
fonts.

4) Save and close the document. The next time you open it, you shouldn't get
the missing fonts message. If you want, restore the Remember Missing Font
Names settings in the Preferences dialog box.

There is a way to find fonts through the Find/Change dialog box (Edit >
Find/Change), but it won't find fonts hidden in table formats anyway.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com