If you capture the end-of-paragraph mark with your localized (character
formatting) exception, Frame treats it as an overridden paragraph style, rather
than a localized character format.

Richard's solution is spot-on. For a long time, I deleted any extra spaces I
saw
at the end of a paragraph, under the geezer-like assumption that Every Byte is
Sacred, and using the least number of them to do a job was a positive social
good.

This is one of those little things that looks like an anal-retentive
bookkeeping
problem until you make a habit out of it and have to update a book to a new
template using TemplateMapper. TemplateMapper can handle character exceptions,
but sticks all paragraphs into the new style, heedless of local exceptions.
Suddenly, all those "overridden paragraphs" get paved over, and you have to go
back and put in all the localized exceptions by hand.

--William