I'm having a problem when embedding Excel tables into FM8. In looking at the
archives, a similar post was made on this on May 27, without a solution.

I do a File -> Import -> Object -> MS Office Excel Worksheet (with the Create
New box checked) to embed a spreadsheet.  On screen, the spreadsheet looks
fine.  When I print the file (even with a blank spreadsheet), the worksheet
prints as a solid black box.  Also, if I convert to PDF, the embedded
spreadsheet turns into a solid black box in the PDF file.

I expanded the anchor frame that holds the embedded spreadsheet and shaded it.
This confirmed that only  the spreadsheet is colored black.

I can successfully embedded a Word, PPT,  and Visio file without this problem.

I tried this with Frame 6 and get the same problem only with Excel tables.

I poked around in Excel and don't see anything in the menus that would cause
this.  I can shade cells in Excel, and on screen, the FM file reflects the
shaded cells.  But when I print, the whole spreadsheet is solid black.

I'm running FM8 version 8.0p277 with Windows XP SP2 and Office 2007.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Schweiner

Hardware Engineering Writer

Cray Inc.