Tina,

It is NOT FrameMaker 8 which is the problem or that has to be
installed, it is that separate headless version of Distiller 8
that you let the FrameMaker 8 installer put on your system.
Uninstall that and/or any other previous versions of Acrobat or
Reader on your system, make sure to reboot, and then install
Acrobat 8 Pro.

        - Dov