Hi Yves,

it works with the "old" Nederlands dictionary (assuming it should be
hyphenated as technologie-?n) and so it reminds me of the problems
with the change from German to German (neu) -- the "new" dictionaries
were of serious low quality.

It seems to be a technical problem with the adaption of the
Nederlands (nieuw) dictionary to UTF-8 encoding. Bad.

- Michael

Am 26.03.2008 um 10:27 schrieb Yves Barbion:
> There are also some "issues" related to Unicode and special
> characters.
> You'll find them in this framers group if you look for the word "bug".
>
> I also found the following bug recently:
>
>    1. Type a word which has special characters like the ? in
>    "technologie?n" (which is quite common in Dutch).
>    2. Set the dictionary to Nederlands (Dutch) and switch on
> hyphenation.
>    3. FrameMaker 8 cannot hyphenate this word correctly and
> replaces the
>    ? with a question mark; it works fine in FrameMaker 7.2.

Michael M?ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
L?sungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
<http://cap-studio.de/> -- Tel. +49 (9131) 28747