And this site as well:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Stuart Rogers
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:14 PM
To: Lester C. Smalley
Cc: Frame Users
Subject: Re: MS Word Numbering (was RE: FrameMaker uses)

Lester C. Smalley wrote:
> I for one would appreciate understanding the 'proper' way to handle
> numbering in Word.  For me, it would help to fix garbaged numbers in
> document I receive to convert to SGML - numbering is an issue because
> if it's wrong, the structure requires a lot of manual correction.
>
> If you folks who actually can get it to work, reliably and
> consistently, would not mind creating some sort of basic tutorial or
> simplified procedure list re numbering in Word, I'm sure a great many
> folks on this list would benefit.

I've asked for Deirdre's workshop, but can also offer this page of
resources, in particular the "Word's numbering explained" FAQ.
(Although you may wish you had never asked...)

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering.htm

best,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"A man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--another Rogers Original
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/tammy.vanboening%40h
ealthlanguage.com

----
NOTICE BY HEALTH LANGUAGE, INC.
This message, as well as any attached document, contains information from
Health Language, Inc. that is confidential.  The information is intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its
attachments is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message and
its attachments, if any, destroy any hard copies you may have created, without
disclosing the contents, and notify the sender immediately.  Unless expressly
stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a
digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to
make an agreement by electronic means.