For "early in the paragraph", please read "early in the topic."


Jim Owens wrote:
> Thanks. I can't find anything about "CodeSource" in the manual. In the 
> [HtmlStyles] section, I can assign pre or blockquote to the paragraph 
> format; this changes the paragraph tag in the output from <p> to <pre>, 
> for example. If I recall, this would cause the browser to honour any 
> CRLFs in the paragraph.
> 
> What I want to do is take some text that appears early in the paragraph, 
> and convert it to a link in an MS HTML Help "Related Topic" button. As 
> part of this, I have to provide text for the link. My problem is that 
> the text contains CRLF characters, and these show up as little squares 
> in the link. I can't get rid of them. There is no test I can find that 
> returns 1 when a character is 0a or 0d, or when a string contains \n.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Art Campbell wrote:
>> I don't have M2G on this system, so I can't check this, but I'm
>> half-remembering that if you set up the CodeSource to output as either
>> Blockquote, Preformatted, or Code that this won't happen, but I'm not
>> remembering how to turn this off for other formats.
>>
>> Art
>>
>>
>>
>> Art Campbell
>>                           art.campbell at gmail.com
>>   "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52
>> Vincent and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
>>                                                       No disclaimers apply.
>>                                                                DoD 358
>>
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:12 AM, JIm Owens <jowens at magma.ca> wrote:
>>> The Frame source does not contain the CRLF. It's added when Mif2Go processes
>>> the paragraph (presumably to provide breaks in the HTML, so as not to
>>> overwhelm the browser with a long line).
>>>
>>>
>>> On Mon 17/11/08 8:41 AM , "Art Campbell" art.campbell at gmail.com sent:
>>>
>>> Have you tried a simple S&R in Frame? \P and or \p in the Find field
>>> usually work to locate the end\beginning of a para....
>>> You may also be able to select a CR-LF combination, copy it, and Find
>>> characters on the clipboard.
>>> Art
>>>
>>>
>>> Art Campbell
>>> art.campbell at gmail.com
>>> "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52
>>> Vincent and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
>>> No disclaimers apply.
>>> DoD 358
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM, JIm Owens <jowens at magma.ca> wrote:
>>>> I'm processing the content of a CodeStore. The content contains CRLF.
>>>> I need to remove the CRLF. Should be simple, right? Just find and
>>>> remove 0a and 0d, or replace n or r or some combination thereof.
>>>> I have read the Mif2Go manual and tried everything I can think
>>>> of,and two days later I am defeated. Is there a way to do this?
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> You are currently subscribed to Framers as art.campbell at gmail.com.
>>>>
>>>> Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.
>>>>
>>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>>> framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com
>>>> or visit
>>>> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/art.campbell%40gmail.com
>>>>
>>>> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>>>> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.
>>>>
>>>
>>
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 
> 
> You are currently subscribed to Framers as jowens at magma.ca.
> 
> Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.
> 
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
> framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com
> or visit http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/jowens%40magma.ca
> 
> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.
> 
> 

Reply via email to