Art Campbell wrote:

> On the last page of the book, create a unique tag.
>
> Where you want the last page count/number to display, insert a
> cross-ref to the tag, using the Page building block.
> Update the book

Nope. Nicole said this is a folio-numbered book (chapter-page). If by
Page building block, you mean <$pagenum>, that will just give you the
number of the last page in the last file -- "4" if it's a 4-page index.
If you're thinking of an xref format named Page, in a folio-numbered
book that's probably defined as <$chapnum>-<$pagenum> -- maybe "IX-4"
for that index.

For a quick solution, David's idea of adding it in Acrobat will work.
Or, heck, use Acrobat to determine the page count, then add it in FM and
re-PDF.

A longer-term, more extensible solution probably involves a script or
plugin. In fact, I vaguely recall there being a FrameScript script to do
this, but don't have time to track it down at the moment.

HTH!
Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer