Hi,

I am a fanatical Frame user but it looks as though I am going to have to
convert my docs to Word (long story, but half my company's docs are written
using Word). I know this question comes up time after time, but most responses
refer to old reviews and comparisons (though probably the only ones that exist
on the web).

I work well and efficiently in Frame, and know exactly what it can and can't
do. I enjoy using it. I am scared that working in Word will be less efficient,
more frustrating, and that it will crash and screw up my documents.

Can anyone provide or point me to an up to date comparison of Frame 8 or 9 vs
Word 2007 (or later?). I know this is hard because very few folks use both
tools extensively and know what each is capable of. Frame fans say that Word
sucks, and Word fans say it doesn't. Tit for tat.

Is Word's multifile functionality still broken? Does it produce hyperlinked
index entries by default. Does the latest Word have any serious problems or
deficiencies, and which Frame functionality will I miss that makes working in
Word harder or more time-comsuming.

If I can present an argument that justifies sticking with Frame because of
cost-savings, I may yet be able to stave off its demise.

Many thanks!

Ian Saunders
Syntellect Inc (UK)